Wednesday 2 May 2012

ITS YOUR CHOICE / DESIGN DEVELOPMENT AND FINALS

I have prepared these poster designs ahead of my final module critique today, although the designs are not finalised i feel that i have produced the posters to a high level of quality and are near completion. I hope that the feedback i receive is constructive and will help me to push the designs further with communicating the message to the viewer.

The reason for revisiting this brief was a reaction to feedback i have received from module feedback throughout my time at the college. I have been told that i should work on my visual communication skills 
and problem solving. Although i felt that my initial poster designs worked well in my opinion i feel that in an attempt to improve my skills both in communication and visual skills in illustrator. I the proverb poster brief using text, image and a combination of the two would be great for improving these skills. 
I decided to make the posters work as a running set and to link them to my practice - Graphic Design

The Proverb and message that i have communicated is that

Any time means no time - When a task and time is not planned it will never happen.

The problem being that without planning your time you will never achieve what you set out too.

My poster designs aim to comunicate the message that plan your time wisely and work hard to achieve the goals you set yourself, that way you can achieve what you aim too.

I have then attempted to link the posters to design using format and visuals for example the posters below are based around type design, with the trace overlay completing the type poster, showing that if you plan your time and work hard you will complete what you set out to achieve.

Final Poster Prints:





   

Final alterations: 



      



The short statements below describe what message each poster individually communicates:

Type Poster design - You will never meet deadlines without planning the process - unfinished down to bad planning.

Image poster - The fact that without planning time it will disappear and you wont finish what you set out  to achieve.

Type and Image - You will only succeed and achieve the deadlines and tasks you have set yourself with hard work and planning.     











Design Direction Boards



No comments:

Post a Comment