Sunday 29 April 2012

Who are you? Editorial design

Abbas "MUSHY" Mushtaq


Who are you?
Erm, well I'm Abbas, obviously. I'm the only Asian on the course! I'm 20 years old, I'm into art and design, obviously. I barely made it into this course, I went through clearing! i'm really enjoying it though and learning shitloads. I've only been doing art and design for a few years but fuckin' glad I did. I was gonna enrol onto a media course when I was a confused bastard, thank god I didn't. 


Nicknames?
haha mushy, everyone seems to call me mushy, because of 
my last name thats why i guess. 


Where are you from?
Im from Huddersfield, Its pretty shit. Rugby league was invented there thats about it
really. 


Who do you admire?
"Ermmmm if i had to pick anyone it would be my mum probably,
its easy for everyone to say Mandela but i don't know the prick do i."  


Where do you want to live in the future? 
Tokyo for sure,  all that technology and shit plus i love the japanese 
film industry and culture.


When did you decide you wanted to be a Graphic designer?
Errm as soon as i found out what the fuck it was.... Even though im still finding that out.


Post modern or modernist graphic design?
Modernist GD but it has to push the boundaries a little nothing boring.


What style of design do you like and why?
I like design that is basically concept generated "sick ideas" that make you stop and think..... shit...why didnt i think of that? 


Favourite typeface?
Century Gothic  Bold only in caps tho, lowercase is shit! i love how it looks nice and round and holds a high amount of readability.


Favourite colour?
Red/black , but not a primary red a nice dark maroon red. Black is sick as well everything looks good in black.


If you could change anything what would it be?
Fuck all, everyhting happens for a reason dont it.......
Is that it bro?




Layout design ideas:
I have decided to experiment with many innovative and experimental layout design ideas after creating these designs i then confronted Abbas on which layout he felt worked the best, We where torn between two layout designs. I decided to digitalise both and see which worked most effectively. 





                                






Developed Digital layout ideas:
Creation of Digital idea:
















I have decided that overall the layout i have created is confusing i feel that this is down to the weak hierarchy of the design, this causes confusion for the viewer this is something that i am going to revisit, i feel that the design should make my partners work the focal point. so i feel that i must simplify the design so that there is a strong hierarchy throughout. I feel that reducing the amount of images used will also improve the aesthetics of the design.  

Revisited Design:












 

When putting the images into my document i went through the same process everytime:

- Start off by drawing a template in InDesign of how large your image will be measure the size for example W - 41.65mm H - 79.75

- Then set up a photoshop document with the selected dimensions  

- Then place my selected images into photoshop and scale to fit the document size

- From here after making any changes to the image i then save the document as a tiff file and import it into InDesign.











No comments:

Post a Comment